Current Job Positions
Expand the boxes below to view the current job positions we are advertising at Clarity Grace.
R&D Tax Consultant
Position: R&D Tax Consultant
Location: Castle Donington, Derbyshire / Flexible/hybrid working; option to work part of the week from home.
Salary: up to £40K, package includes pension and company bonus scheme.
Established in 2002, our client is a vibrant niche consultancy with an overarching aim to stimulate and support research and development focused businesses to innovate. Their main service offerings centre around providing support to; access grant funding and secure R&D tax credits.
They are currently 30 people, with a head office in the East Midlands, a developing office in Oxford, but covering the UK, working across a wide range of sectors including energy, transport and health. The business has grown by an average of 24% year on year over the past five years, with a target turnover to March 2022 of £2.2m.
You will be joining a fast-growing R&D team and as such, you will have the opportunity to play a key part in the continued growth of the business.
You’ll support clients with researching and writing claims for R&D Tax Credits whilst undertaking technical and financial assessment, liaison with HMRC, dealing with HMRC enquiries and client management.
The role is client facing and relies on your ability to deal with senior technical people on a one to one basis, conducting structured interviews and the writing of high-quality technical reports. This is a great opportunity if you’re looking for a chance to take a stimulating role working with clients and in collaboration with a team-based and consultancy environment.
- Identification of qualifying R&D projects and expenditure through participation in technical discussions with clients
- Technical assessment of projects in line with HMRC R&D tax relief guidelines and preparation of supporting technical documentation
- Writing compelling technical project reports to bring out the key technical factors of client projects to support R&D claims
- Developing own knowledge and skills in R&D tax relief and other related issues, to keep technical knowledge fully up to date and continue to improve.
- Interaction with clients’ technical and engineering staff in order to develop a comprehensive understanding of the projects undertaken and identify how aspects of projects meet the R&D Guidelines
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Degree qualified in a technical subject area, or a degree that has some technical element
- A thorough understanding of R&D, R&D tax relief and a desire to learn more
- Adept at translating technical conversation into clear, concise and compelling documents
- You interact readily with technical professionals, have outstanding interpersonal skills and excel in eloquence and concise summary of information
- Strong attention to detail and first-time accuracy is essential
- Experience in dealing with technological challenges faced by industry professionals, such as engineering design, the development or improvement of manufacturing processes, development of new products and improvement to existing products
- Project management skills and client relationship-building abilities
- Comfortable working in a close team
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com, along with a covering letter describing how you feel you are the ideal candidate and that you meet all the criteria above.